Connect with us

Arsenal News

VAR Error : Penalty controversy! | Bukayo Saka denied late Arsenal penalty and forced away from referee in controversial finish…



VAR Controversy: Penalty drama unfolds as Bukayo Saka is denied late Arsenal penalty and ushered away from referee in contentious conclusion.


Arsenal and Bayern Munich ended their thrilling Champions League quarter-final first leg in a 2-2 draw, with controversy surrounding Bukayo Saka being denied a late penalty.


The young Arsenal player was brought down by Manuel Neuer in the final moments of the match, but Swedish referee Glenn Nyberg waved away the penalty appeals.


This chaotic ending left fans, players, and coaches in uproar as Saka was forced away from the referee after the final whistle.


In a dramatic turn of events, Bukayo Saka’s hopes for a stoppage-time penalty were dashed when he approached the referee after the match. The Arsenal star, aged 22, had a golden opportunity to score in the dying moments of their Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich.


However, he fell to the ground after a collision with Manuel Neuer, expecting a penalty to be awarded. To his dismay, referee Glenn Nyberg dismissed the incident and allowed play to continue, with Bayern launching an attack.


As the final whistle blew seconds later, Saka’s frustration boiled over, and he confronted the Swedish official in anger over the controversial decision. Unfortunately, his efforts were met with silence from the referee.


After multiple attempts to engage Nyberg in conversation, Saka was reluctantly pulled away from the Swede by a member of Arsenal’s staff who escorted the frustrated winger elsewhere.


Substitutes Gabriel Jesus and Leandro Trossard joined forces earlier to score a potentially crucial equalizer at the Emirates Stadium, ensuring that Mikel Arteta’s team shared the points. This came after Saka’s early goal was canceled out by Leroy Sane and a penalty from Harry Kane.


Arsenal got off to a fantastic start in front of a fully packed home crowd, with Gunners fans filling the away end due to Bayern Munich’s supporters being banned for one match by Uefa.


Saka delighted the fans with a stylish goal just 12 minutes into the game, skillfully curling a low shot past the fit-again Bayern captain Neuer after impressive contributions from Martin Odegaard and Ben White.


The Gunners had a golden opportunity to go 2-0 ahead when Neuer made a crucial save to deny White. However, Gabriel’s misplaced pass was seized upon by Kane, and with two excellent passes from Sane and Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry equalized against his former club by sliding the ball through the legs of David Raya from close range in just six minutes.


Arsenal’s performance took a turn for the worse as their lack of precision became evident. The talented Sane managed to skillfully maneuver his way into the penalty area, only to be tripped by William Saliba. Referee Nyberg wasted no time in pointing to the penalty spot, leaving Arsenal in a dire situation.


Typically, Kane confidently converts penalties with great flair. However, on this particular occasion, he opted to wait for goalkeeper Raya to make a move. Raya, who had previously been the hero in the shootout victory against Porto, was left helpless as Kane calmly rolled the ball in the opposite direction, leaving the Emirates Stadium in stunned silence and Bayern Munich in the lead.


With just 14 minutes remaining, Trossard seized the opportunity to equalize with a well-executed low strike. The goal was made possible by the exceptional footwork of fellow substitute Gabriel Jesus. Arsenal, on the other hand, believed they were denied a chance to secure victory in the dying seconds as Saka was denied a penalty.